Saturday, November 30, 2013

Self-affirmations: examples of positive and negative

Every day we carry on conversations with ourselves. This self-talk can be negative or positive. This worksheet is to give you ideas for how to change negative statements into positive affirmations.

Once you decide to take responsibility for your thoughts, feelings, and choices, you can change your negative thinking; and you will begin to feel better about yourself and your life, free yourself from negativity, guilt, doubt, hurt, and powerlessness, give yourself permission to grow and be happy, achieve your goals, and be successful.
Click here for printable copy of self affirmations

Negative

I don’t deserve love
I am a bad person
I am terrible
I am worthless (inadequate)
I am shameful
I am not lovable
I am not good enough
I deserve only bad things
I cannot be trusted
I cannot trust myself
I cannot trust my judgment
I cannot succeed
I am not in control
I am powerless
I am weak
I cannot protect myself
I am stupid
I am insignificant (unimportant)
I am a disappointment
I deserve to die
I deserve to be miserable
I cannot get what I want
I am a failure (will fail)
I have to be perfect (please everyone)
I am permanently damaged
I am ugly
I should have done something
I did something wrong
I am in danger
I cannot stand it
I cannot trust anyone
I cannot let it out
I do not deserve
Positive

I deserve love; I can have love
I am a good (loving) person
I am fine as I am
I am worthy; I am worthwhile
I am honorable
I am loveable
I am deserving
I deserve good things
I can be trusted
I can (learn to) trust myself
I can trust my judgment
I can succeed
I am now in control
I now have choices
I am strong
I can (learn) to take care of myself
I have intelligence
I am significant (important)
I am okay just the way I am
I deserve to live
I deserve to be happy
I can get what I want
I can succeed
I can be myself (make mistakes)
I am (can be) healthy
I am attractive
I did the best I could
I learned (can learn) from it
It’s over; I am safe now
I can handle it
I can choose who to trust
I can choose to let it out
I can have (deserve)

No comments:

Post a Comment